I have got this recipe from Joy of Baking website, but I shaped them into smaller bite size. So I guess it’s less sinful in that sense. LOL! And it’s perfect with tea!
3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (105 grams) brown sugar
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup (185 grams) peanut butter (I used crunchy type)
2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour aka plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped peanuts or 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (approximately 180°C).
2. Cream the butter, beat in the sugar and mix until the consistency is light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter. Lightly mix the egg and vanilla together, then gradually beat them into the creamed ingredients.
3. Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in batches, then fold into the mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (optional).
4. If the batter is too soft to form into balls, cling wrap the dough and place in an airtight container, and place into freezer or fridge. In freezer, about 10mins will do. In fridge, about an hour.
5. Roll the batter into 1/2 inch balls. Place them on the prepared baking trays with parchment paper, and lightly press them to flatten them alittle. Pinch up the cracks at the edges, this is to ensure the cracks won’t spread as they baked. Make sure that they are spaced well apart to give the cookies room to spread.
6. Bake the cookies in batches in the preheated oven for 10-20 minutes or until lightly browned. I baked mine for about 30mins, perhaps because my oven isn’t very capable of retaining heat and maintaining temperature. When they are done or golden brown, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
*Remove immediately with a fork, transfer to another plate with cookies facing down. Place plate on a wire rack. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then transfer into airtight container. I find this method ensures the cookies won’t get too soft in the center.
Oven temperature: 180°C / 350°F
Baking time: 10-20 minutes per batch or until golden brown (I baked for about 30mins, perhaps because my oven isn’t very capable of retaining heat and maintaining temperature)
Makes: about 90 pieces
Storage: 1 week in airtight container
Note: You can store the cookie dough (without chocolate chips and nuts) in the freezer for up to a month, bake them as and when you want.