I was searching for ideas for my coffee table and found this lovely shop that sells beautifully crafted hardwood furniture on Etsy.com. Love the simple lines of the furniture which allows the wood texture to stands out even more. They do custom orders and ships internationally!
Photo credit: hedgehouse on Etsy.com
Earlier this year, I mentioned on my Instagram that calligraphy was one of the few I wanted to pick up this year. Before I realised it, March had arrived. I began to wonder if I were ever going to start calligraphy. Hence, I went to Etsy.com to search for calligraphy kit. Immediately I realised Maybelle Imasa-Stukuls – one of the few calligraphers whom I followed on Etsy and Instagram – was conducting workshops in Singapore! I quickly went onto Instagram to check if her announcement on her Etsy store was an updated one, and asked for details of her workshops. Her weekend classes were filled up. Lucky for me, because Bloesem – where Maybelle held her workshops – just opened up a new class! I was thrilled! This was the first calligraphy workshop I ever attended. Maybelle’s first workshop in Singapore too! Continue reading
Can you tell I have an obsession here? I still have a few tops in the washer; some stripes dresses, bottoms and PJs not in photo; some bags and pouches with stripes print; even Leah’s clothes have stripes on them!
Clearly I have a problem! Frankly I was not the one who noticed my obsession, it was a photographer who took our family portrait made a comment about my choice of wardrobe for the shoot that prompted me. Since then I noticed I naturally walked to striped clothes when I enter an apparel store.
So why stripes?
1. Polkadots makes plus-size me too clownish; floral design can easily make me looks older than my age.
2. The quickest way to jazz up an outfit – shoes, tops, bottoms, even accessories.
3. Everyone likes stripes! Don’t you? No?!
4. Stripes technically is quite fool-proofed.
5. Horizontal stripes – some combinations and thickness- could make one looks slimmer, as long as the top/dress isn’t too body hugging. Horizontal stripes visually draws attentions from the body shape. However, vertical stripes on the other hand, is less less less forgiving. A slightly fitted outfit in vertical stripes will be distorted and defined your body shape.
I can go on and on about stripes. That’s all for now!